July 02, 2012

Today, I am busy getting ready for my ASG demo on Saturday. I will be demoing the art paint sticks. Our chapter invested in several of the templates and 2 sets of sticks so members can check them out for use. I am no expert and am thankful I took a picture of the lovely wall piece my sister made with the sticks as my demo piece is far from great, but it gets the idea across.


I am committed to using only what I have in my workshop to complete or create items. This seems to working to help get rid of stuff, but I may be sacrificing the best outcome. Another example that life is a "ying-yang". 


Here is a picture of my completed piece. It seems a little wavy on one side, so after Saturday I may add a border to even it out and add more color. The sashing material I thought would be perfect, but it was disappointing. I auditioned the fabric but when it came together is just did not work. I used square border trim with what I had on hand...again, disappointing. But, I remind myself, it was the process I really enjoyed and I can correct the problems when inspired to do so. 


My next project was just an experiment and for fun. I saw this done on the web and happened to have a shade to use. I have in on a lamp in my sewing room and I love it. Surprisingly, it is not too bright and casts a warm glow in the room, yet the light underneath shines on my cutting board with plenty of light.

I used almost a whole jelly roll of 2.5 inch strips of Batik fabrics.  I may hide the bows and glue them in place with big button, but am hesitant to put anymore money in the shade. It is fun and makes me smile every time I look at it, so who cares!


Well, that is all for now. My daughter moved to a new house and of course, I am busy making pillows and window coverings. Whew! She bought the bedding on sale, so I got out of that chore. :))
Keep sewing, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment