June 29, 2012

I am finally back! It has been months since I felt like doing the blog due to my broken leg. I am having therapy 3 times a week and doing so much better. I still have a ways to go, but pretty much back to normal routine in my life anyway. The scar from my surgery is faint compared to the broken blood vessels of life by it! Go figure.


I have created a blog for the store now at The Bee's Knees Home Boutique. Check it out to see what is new at our store. Nikki continues to do an incredible job hand-painting the furniture. I am amazed with all the ideas she comes up with for our new pieces. My daughters and I have the ability to visualize things in our head such as how a piece will look finished or a room with the new curtains, etc. But, I have not the talent they have to make it happen!


I have been busy sewing pillow for the 4th. I only made the 3 pictured as they may not sell and I would only want three to place outside at my house if I have to keep them. LOL 


Stoney, the dog, is crazy as ever, but now not able to procreate. I was in hopes he would be more calm, but alas, the puppy stage reigns supreme for a while anyway.


I went to see "Brave" last night. Really cute movie with a surprising theme. Nikki even cried and I was close to tears at the end also. If you are a mom, you will relate to this movie and even more if you have a daughter. 


Entered the Ogallala Quilt Festival last April. Luckily I had everything in place and projects done before I broke my leg so I could enter. I did not get a prize but had good constructive comments on my entries. I just might enter again next year. Who knows?


I did manage to recently make my aunt a walker bag. After using one for months, I saw this pattern and realized I would have benefited from it so much. She loved it and I had fun making it for her. It uses double sided pre-quilted fabric and pre-made binding. Easy to do.
I will post the pattern number when I get home. but the pattern was found at Walmart [yes, our Walmart put fabrics and sewing back into our store!!!!...later about this] and it was a Sew-Easy pattern. They had several really fun patterns in this brand I purchased.
The bag Velcros over the top bar and wraps around the side bars to Velcro there also. This stabilized it as the walker moves. Looking at the picture on the far right, is a cup holder. I inserted my lidded coffee mug for the picture. The middle section has a flap to create a purse like pocket of good size. The far left has a pocket for the cell phone. When I was on the walker, getting to a location with my coffee or drink was such a challenge! This makes it easy and mess free when using a lidded mug!


Well, that is enough for now. I have other things I will post soon. Keep smiling and sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment