August 05, 2011

Outfits for Grandgirls

Here is the outfit for my granddaughter that just turned six last week. It turned out a little "wild", so I hope she wears it. It was a quick sew from a McCall pattern, number M6064.

I really got excited when I used the hemmer foot for my old 201-2 Singer machine. Boy, does it make a perfect stitch.

Makes me wonder that some old things cannot be really improved.




This next outfit is for my youngest granddaughter that is three. My daughter picked out the material my last visit to Utah and this is the result. I used another McCall pattern, number M5573.

My button hole maker messed up on the last buttonhole, so I covered the problem with a decorative stitch that really covered it well.

I am now hoping it does not get too cool for a while so they can wear the outfits. I was way too slow this summer getting them put together.
What did I do anyway?


My sister sent me a wonderful table runner for my birthday. So, when I was in Phoenix, she helped me find border material to make one. This is my summer garden girls table runner. Talk about easy! This can be cut, sewn and quilted in nothing flat!
The design uses a 60 degree ruler and careful cutting placement on the fabric. Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment