July 27, 2014

Here is what I have been sewing lately. I took a mini-demo class at  the annual Phoenix Sewing Retreat 2013 and just this summer got them made. [Check out the Phoenix Sew-In link for pictures from 2014 event]
 I waited and bought straw place-mats on sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Got one of each color since they were so cheap.
The sun hats fit great and I love wearing them. Have four more to make....may be next summer before that happens. Who knows?
Anyway, I hated to throw away the part not used for the hat so started paying around with it and created a purse for my granddaughters. Used left over fabrics from hat for trim and strap, etc. Used Hot Glue to seal the sides after sewing bias trim around the top. Then added strap, closure strip and button. Hope they like them. Now to get them in the mail.
Sun Hats from straw place-mats and little girl purses from the left over part. Sending those to my granddaughters.

Scrap Bag Pattern....Ying/Yang Purse.

Another project that sat for a year from the 2013 Sew-in. I finally got it made after the 2014 Sew-In. Anyway I really like how it turned out. Used scrap fabric and denim.  It has 2 secret pockets inside and holds a lot. The challenge was turning out the loops at the top! Wow! Took patience and faith.

Here is my first rose on the Yellow Rose of Texas bush I planted in honor of Judge George Dowlen from Canyon, TX. He was the brother of a good friend and a district court judge. I think he would have been pleased to see this first bloom.
 Amazing to me how a dry stick I ordered grew in a few weeks into a plant that bloomed!

Well, that is all for now. Thanks for checking out my blog. More sewing to come...still working on projects from Sew-In 2014 I did not get done. Oh, Dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment